Monday, June 28, 2010

This week

Has been okay, not great, not bad...A few small hiccups such as the flight to Brunei being cancelled altogether! Eek. Kerri popped round armed with her laptop and I knew something was up! We have options to fly 3 days earlier, which I can't as I'm still in Adelaide, fly later which we don't want to as we'll be cutting into precious holiday time or to fly out Sat night and stay overnight in Brunei (hopefully at the airlines expense) and catch the existing connecting flight. So that is what we are hoping to do....will keep you posted on that one!


The wagon is overheating, not losing fluid (I don't think) just bubbling away furiously. Rang Neil and he is booked solid for a couple of days so it's going in on Wednesday. Please let him be able to fix it easily and cheaply as we need it for Friday to head off to Geraldton in. Otherwise it will be 5 go to Gero in the kombi....can you imagine Elliot's reaction to that! Talking of the demon child, he got his report card. Sport A, History, B, Geography B, Maths C, English C and Human Bio a flipping D!!!! Not happy about that one. All comments were the same in that he is nice, polite etc but never finishes anything properly. I feel a bit to blame on this as I have never sat down with him and helped him to projects and things, maybe he doesn't know how to present things properly. :(. He also got his braces off and retainers put on. He has to learn to talk again which is really funny.


Oscar had his first squash lesson with Sonny, bless him. Lee said he did well. Hopefully we have another champion in the making. He did well at is swimming lessons this week and he reckons the teacher says he will get a certificate next time, we'll see. The teaching assistant at school grabbed me this morning and told me what a wonderful child Oscar was (as if I didn't know LOL), how focused, eager to please an mature he is. It's always nice to have someone confirm you have a good souled child. Although I think he has been testing the patience of his Daddy this weekend.


Worked last night instead of tonight so that is me finished till a week on Thursday, oh the joy. Although I do really enjoy my job, I just don't seem to gel with many people there, there are so many chiefs and opinionated, back stabbing people there that I really don't want to get involved which probably makes me seem stand offish and unfriendly. I wish there was a job out there which I loved with people who were just nice people. It will happen, it's out there.


Put the chickies outside yesterday too, poor little cold babies. They had a great time free ranging all arvo though.



So today I am going to mop this darned floor if it's the last thing I do.....off I go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment