Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The arrrival of Ollie


Decided to get Ollie even though Klaus has not sold, also decided to keep name Ollie and not change to Basil. A long trip out to Northam on a boiling hot day with a cranky 6 year old, not pleasant. With an equally cranky husband who was missing squash to help me get said vehicle, even more unpleasant. Ollie is nice and shiny on outside but a bit of (lot of) a heap inside! Oh well, as usual my trust was a bit too trusting and I think I have paid too much but it's done now and hopefully I can remember and learn from this but I bet I don't! Drove home well, he is like a little noisy rocket, Elliot very impressed so that was a bonus. Petrol cap is impossible to get off, horn doesn't work, indicators don't self cancel, radio is el crappo so am stuck with a Doors tape which seems to be about the only decent tape I have left. Seats are vinyl so it's sweaty bum city. Am going to have to try and make some covers. Saw a girl in a beetle the same but purple and cream, I waved but she didn't wave back. %^%%^#%&!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment